Instructor: Tony Gapastione
When: August 1, 8, 15, 22, 2022 (synchronous, via Zoom)
When you think of ministry, what images appear in your mind? Bible studies, Sunday school, community service and worship gatherings are a few that may conjure up.
When you think of entrepreneurship what comes to your mind? Innovative craftspeople selling their passion projects on Etsy, Billionaires who start fortune 500 companies or savvy techies who start social media platforms?
What if we saw ministry as entrepreneurship, without the excessive salaries and private jets (although sustainable compensation would be nice)? What if you could solve a problem in your church that also innovated a positive impact on your community? What if we used our skills and passions to do good in the world that God has created us to do and in the process created new outlets that also made disciples? AKA New wines. New wineskins. (Confused? Google it).
In this 4-week online course, presenter Tony Gapastione will facilitate conversation on how our church ministries, missions, and visions might shift in an ever-changing world, led by the Holy Spirit to reenvision what it means to be and make followers of Jesus.
This cohort learning experience is perfect for leaders, volunteers, pastors and Jesus-minded entrepreneurs who crave innovation and love trying new things.
- Innovate creative strategies for unused sacred spaces or underused church buildings
- Discover how to be more community focused with faith practices
- Explore experimentation and risk an experience of worship and faith formation
7 Creative Models for Community Ministry by Joy Skjegstad (Judson Press, 2010).
(All available on Amazon Prime Video)
- Simon Birch (1998) directed by Mark Steven Johnson
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006) directed by Michael Arndt
- Short Term 12 (2012) directed by Destin Daniel Creton
- Fruitvale Station (2013) directed by Ryan Googler