- Start Date 10/26/2021
- Start Time 09:00 AM
- End Date 10/26/2021
- End Time 04:30 PM
- Location The Aidsand F. Wright-Riggins Learning Center, Leadership & Mission Building, 1075 First Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Reimagine ministries of faith formation for God’s people today
The world of ministry and faith formation has changed dramatically over the past decade – and that was before the impact of COVID-19. Church experts tell us:
- Only 1 in 10 people born after 1984 are in churches on a Sunday morning (McNeal, Roxburgh)
- As many as 16,000 congregations will close post-pandemic (David Kinnaman – Barna.org)
- 3 million churchgoers become religiously unaffiliated each year (The Hartford Institute)
In the midst of all this bad news, the Good News still reigns supreme! Despite stories of loss and decline, many congregations are countering the trends and finding a way forward.
Join other pastors and lay leaders for an in-person Discipleship Summit, featuring author and pastor Michael Adam Beck, a leading voice in teaching churches a model for thriving in the midst of overwhelming cultural change.
Beck’s blended ecology approach honors the steadfast saints who fill many of our pews today, while at the same time offering a new vision for “church” found more relevant by those we hope to reach in the communities that surround our congregations. Learn from Michael’s work as an individual, or partner with other learners seeking to experiment with the creation of new discipleship pathways.
Lunch provided! Social distancing ensured and face masks required for the safety of all attendees.
What you’ll learn:
- Discover principles and practices to transform discipleship ministry
- Discuss real-life applications of disciple-making in your community
- Design new models for faith formation in your context
Dr. Michael Adam Beck
Michael Adam Beck is Director of the Fresh Expressions House of Studies at United Theological Seminary. With his wife, Jill, he serves as copastor of two small traditional congregations that are also a network of 13 fresh expressions that gather in tattoo parlors, dog parks, salons, running tracks, community centers, burrito joints, and digital spaces.
Michael Adam Beck, Deep Roots, Wild Branches: Revitalizing the Church in the Blended Ecology (Seedbed Publishing, 2019).
- Michael Adam Beck and Rosario Picardo, Fresh Expressions in a Digital Age: How the Church Can Prepare for a Post Pandemic World (Abingdon Press, 2021).